St. James’ Church
St. James’ Church is an Episcopal parish church located on the Upper East Side of Manhattan in New York City. Founded in 1810 as a summer chapel for New Yorkers with country homes north of the city. It has grown into one of the largest Episcopal churches in New York City. In addition to worship, St. James’ offers programs for children and young families, youth, and young adults.
St. James’ emblem was the scallop shell and pilgrims to his shrine often wore that symbol on their hats and clothes. We used the shell as symbol to identify with St. James’ and reimagined their entire brand identity system and developed a new logo, brand identity elements, signage, and digital screens to announce their daily activities and events.